Welcome to LazyPurple's TF2 Servers! This page provides basic information and rules about our servers.
The Silly Servers are for players to socialize and have goofy fun. This means that people are free to chill, do crazy and unconventional things, and
enjoy a non-serious TF2 experience. Player-vs-player damage is disabled by default on the Silly Servers. You can challenge someone to a fight by
typing "/pvp <player's name> in chat, or just type "/pvp" to enter global PvP!
The Lazy Pub is our standard combat-oriented TF2 server. Hop on in and get fragging!
The Team Deathmatch server is an objectivless PvP server. You can fight or goof off on this server as much as you please! Some siller plugins are enabled, such as /rtd!
On the MvM servers... BLOW SOME SHIT UP!
These rules apply on ALL of our TF2 servers:
Staff members have the final call on rule enforcement.
- Moderators and Admins have the power to warn, kick, and ban players who do not follow the rules. Do not harass staff for enforcing server rules.
- Ban protests should be submitted through lazypurple.com/sourcebans.
- Donors are not Staff members! They are expected to follow the same rules as everyone else!
Treat all people on the server with respect.
- Don't be an asshole! Harrassment, bullying, toxicity and general rudeness towards fellow players is not tolerated. Don't bait other players into arguments.
- On the Silly Servers, don't bait others into attacking you. If folks want to be left alone, leave them alone!
Bigoted and/or pornographic material is not permitted.
- Players are expected to follow the following content guidelines: Bigoted / pornographic material is not permitted.
- Sprays and items (including Objectors and cosmetics), voice comms, and text comms should not have any content that contains:
Explicit sex acts or excessively suggestive material, nor nudity or near-nudity, nor racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, and bigotry in general.
- Moderators have the power of discretion in saying if something violates these rules.
If a Staff member says your spray/character/item/comms break one of these rules, you are expected to remove the material in question from view.
Votekicks are allowed if someone is breaking the rules.
- Votekick is enabled when no staff are on the server. It can be used to remove players who are not following the rules.
You can contact a Staff member in the #help channel of our Discord if necessary.
- Do not call malicious kick votes. Calling votes for no reason (examples: for the heck of it, because you just don't like them, because you don't like their micspam, etc.)
is punishable even if the vote does not pass.
Use comms responsibly.
- Text chat spam is not permitted. Do not spam trade, offers, binds or ads over chat nor voice. This is not a trade server; trade spam will result in a comms block.
- Don't yell over other users, and keep annoying/disgusting noises out of voice chat. Micspam is allowed on the Silly Servers but not on the Pub.
- Micspam should be of decent sound quality (no playing music from your phone into your mic).
- Don't spam over other spammers, keep the volume moderate, don't spam just to be annoying.
No hacking, exploits, etc.
- Hacking the game by any means, for any reason, is punishable by a permanent ban.
- Intentionally causing the server to crash, dangerous game exploits, and any other methods that disrupt function of the server is punishable by a permanent ban.
Two additional rules apply on the Silly Servers:
You may attack and kill any players who opt into PvP Mode.
- Players do not take damage by default on the Silly Servers. Players have to manually opt into either Global PvP or one-on-one PvP mode.
Any players who do this are considered combatants and may be attacked and killed at any time.
(The following rule is an exception to this one)
If someone is running an event where having global PvP enabled is necessary, players should not attack at an inappropriate time.
- If someone is doing an organized activity or event on the server, such as a spycrab raffle or a comedy night event, players should not attack participants until the appropriate
time as defined by the nature of the event. For example, if someone is doing a spycrab raffle where players for a line of spies, and they are only to be killed when they perform
a spycrab taunt, it is against this rule to start killing all of the spies with abandon.
- Doing this is considered a violation of the "Don't be an asshole" stipulation of the Server Rules and the usual punishments apply.
- This is the only circumstance where it is appropriate to report someone to the Staff for Random Deathmatching.
Two additional rules apply on the Lazy Pub / Team Deathmatch:
Some shittalking is allowed.
- Don't go overboard with it.
This is not a 'friendly' server!
- On the Pub, the focus is on standard TF2 gameplay. Some goofing off is okay; being wholly friendly or simply not playing is not permitted.
- On the TDM, it is ok to be friendly. Because of the gamemode, expect to be killed, friendlies do not have any immunity!
One additional rule applies on the MvM Server:
- Keep your head in the game!
- We allow some goofing off on this server, but please adjust your level of effort to the difficulty of the mission.
Feel free to mess around in a low-difficulty mission, but put some effort in when the server is set to Advanced/Expert missions.
Do not impede the team's progress through the mission.
If you read this far, congrats! I'm going to tell you a secret about flashlights.
Our Silly Servers support the use of flashlights! To enable them:
Enable the developer console in Advanced Options
In the console, type
Assign a key to the command "impulse 100"
For example, to assign the command to "T", type:
bind t "impulse 100"
You'll need to wait for the map to change, or disconnect, then reconnect to the server the first time you do this.
This will allow you to use the flashlight in TF2.
To make these changes permanent, write these changes to a configuration file in /tf/cfg.
You can create a plain text file in that folder called "autoexec.cfg" that will enact any commands you put in that file every time you start up the game.